- Field sampling and laboratory eDNA analysis of freshwater species and communities
- Statistical comparison of multiple methods of long-term research and monitoring, e.g., morphological and molecular
- Interaction with multiple research groups that are using eDNA methods
- Publication and scientific communication of the results
- PhD or equivalent in biology, ecology, bioinformatics, or similar
- Experience with eDNA applications in freshwater
- Knowledge of freshwater organisms
- Experience in ecological data analysis using R
- Willingness to collaborate
- Good written and spoken English communication skills
We offer an exciting job in a dynamic and international working environment with opportunities for flexible working hours and mobile working. Salary is paid according to the German (PhD) salary scheme for the public service (TVöD Bund, 100%). This employment contract is limited to 24 months, but with potential for extension. The position is principally suited for job sharing or part-time work.
We foster your career development by providing qualification and training opportunities. We actively support the reconciliation of work and family life. The IGB is committed to diversity. We welcome every qualified application, regardless of sex and gender, origin, nationality, religion, belief, health and disabilities, age or sexual orientation. IGB is committed to increasing the number of women in this field, therefore applications from women are particularly welcome. Disabled applicants with equal qualification and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.